The Ghana National Association of Teachers (GNAT) national delegates have elected new executives to manage the affairs of the Teacher Union from 2022 for the next four years to come.
At the end of the election, here is a list of all winners. One very person that has received praises for winning is Rev. Isaac Owusu, the newly elected GNAT National President.
In this article, we take a dive into the leadership profile of Rev. Isaac Owusu and his journey to becoming the National President-elect of GNAT after the final declaration of results.
Leadership Profile of Rev. Isaac Owusu, GNAT National President
Rev. Isaac Owusu has been a leader from the very least position in GNAT, thus a School Representative and it is just amazing that he has attained full glory at the end. Here is the full leadership profile of the newly elected GNAT President, Rev. Isaac Owusu.
Rev. Isaac Owusu’s Positions Held in GNAT
- Rev. Isaac Owusu from 2008 to 2010 served as a School Representative in GNAT
- He became an Assistant Local Secretary from 2010 to 2012
- Then he went on to serve as a District Chairman from 2013 to 2017
- Rev. Isaac Owusu also served as a Regional Constitutional Amendment Committee Member in 2017
- He became a Regional Chairman from 2017 to 2021
- He was the Committee Chairman for the 5 Years Strategi Plan National Committee in 2018
- Again, the new National President the Chairman of the Membership Education and Youth Development National Committee from 2018-2021
- Rev. Isaac Owusu was a member of the National Council Arbitration Committee in 2019
- Member of the National Executive Ad-hoc Committee in 2019
- Member of the Restructuring of GNAT Teachers Fund Committee in 2019
- Sourvenir Procurement Committee Member in 2020
- National Council Member from 2013-2021
- National Executive Member from 2017-2021
Rev. Isaac Owusu’s Positions Held in GES
- Subject Teacher, English and RME
- District Finance and Administration Officer for Abura Dunkwa Education Office
- District Training and Development Officer for Abura Dunkwa Education Office
- Headteacher for Aboase/Obohen Methodist Basic School
- Assistant Headteacher Abura Enyinabirim D/A Basic School
Rev. Isaac Owusu’s Schools Attended
You may be wondering to know details about Rev. Isaac Owusu’s educational history so here you are with every detail about the schools he has attended and his qualification to get this:
- Master of Arts in Labour Studies, University of Cape Coast
- Bachelor of Education from University of Education, Winneba
- Diploma in Basic Education fron Accra College of Education, Atraco
- Denyame M/A Basic School, Kumasi
- Kaase L/A Primary School, Kumasi