Averagely, it takes time to be enrolled in the National Identity management system because many of us do not know what exactly is required from us before the registration process for the Ghana card begins.
For you to be able to go through the process of the registration without stress, you need to prepare the registration details from home so that you can quickly give feedback to the officials collecting the information.
Ghana Card-eligible persons are:
- All Ghanaians (living at home and abroad)
- All persons that hold Ghanaian citizenship in addition to citizenship of any other foreign country( dual citizen)
- Registration covers all persons aged 0 years and above
Ghana Card Registration Requirement
You must know that the biometrics of everyone applying will be taken so all applicants must appear in person. However, do well to get the following ready before visiting the office.
1. Personal Information: name, date, and place of birth, residential address, and digital address code.
2. Information about parents: their names, address dates places of birth, etc.
3. Biometrics: the fingerprints, iris, and photograph would be taken and any other personal details that may be required
4. Parental, Spousal, and Next of Kin Information: name of the spouse, the full name of the father, father’s hometown/district/region, father’s nationality, the full name of the mother, other’s maiden name, mother’s nationality, mother’s hometown/district/region.
5. Next of Kin: address of next of Kin, supplementary spousal list for those with more than one spouse
Ghana Card Primary Verification Documents
Individuals would be required to present any of the verification documents (i.e. Birth certificate, certificate of acquired citizenship, or valid passport) to help validate the information provided.
Applicants with documents or I.D Cards of the following institutions must bring them along for harmonization of data with NIA – DVLA (LICENCE), NHIS, TAX (TIN), PASSPORT, EC (VOTER CARD)
First-time applicants requirements
- An applicant has to appear in person
- Original copy of the Birth Certificate of the applicant
- Or a valid Ghanaian Passport of the applicant
- Digital Address of the applicant
- Original copy of Naturalization Certificate
- Registration Process
Key Ghana Card Registration Steps
Step 1. A Registration Official will fill in your personal information on an application form
Step 2. You will then hand over your form to a Mobile Registration workstation Operator who will enter your personal details into the computer.
Step 3. Your Photograph will be taken using a digital camera attached to the Mobile Registration workstation and your signature will be taken using an electronic signature pad.
After these steps, you will be issued an ID Card Collection Slip/Receipt. You need this to collect your card when it is ready. This has to be kept well and protected.
Every applicant will be expected to provide among others the following:
- Complete personal information on themselves
- Residential address
The following information would also be required from those who have them ;
- Birth Certificate
- Voter ID card
- Driving license
- SSNIT registration number