The culture of the Ghana Education Service has to do with the scheduled promotion of their staff from one rank to another and the time has come again for that to be done in some districts and municipalities across the country. By this, GES welcomes applications for the promotion of qualified teachers who are serving in the junior ranks of the institution.
In a letter cited from one of the districts in the Volta Region, precisely the South Tongu District, qualified staff from both the teaching and non-teaching divisions are required to input their applications to be considered for a push onto a higher scale and with higher responsibilities and wages.
You can also read our article on the controversial Portfolio Assessment that was required of the Newly Recruited Teachers.
GES Welcomes Applications For Promotion
The letter which was dated 20th October 2021 and signed by the district education director Evelyn Araba Zentey (Ms) is directed to all headteachers of public basic schools in the district.
Application For Promotion of Junior Ranks And Confirmation of Newly Recruited Teachers In The Ghana Education Service, South Tongu
Applications are invited from suitably qualified and serving teaching and non-teaching personnel to be considered for promotion to the following ranks in the South Tongu Education Directorate:
a. Senior Superintendent II
b. Superintendent I
c. Superintendent II
d. Technical Teachers Category
e. Non-Teaching Personnel Category
a. SENIOR SUPERINTENDENT II
An applicant should be on the rank of Senior Superintendent II for four (4) years and must be promoted to the rank on or before 1st September 2018.
b. SUPERINTENDENT I
An applicant should be on the rank of Superintendent I for four (4) years and must be promoted to the rank on or before 1st September 2018.
c. SUPERINTENDENT II
An applicant should be on the rank of Superintendent II for four (4) years and must be promoted to the rank on or before 1st September 2018.
d. TECHNICAL TEACHERS CATEGORY
An applicant should be on the current rank for four (4) years and must be promoted to the rank on or before 1st September 2018.
e. NON-TEACHING PERSONNEL CATEGORY
All applicants for the promotion to the grade in the Non-Teaching staff category at the District level must have served for three (3) years and must have been appointed or promoted to the last rank on or before 1st September 2018.
All newly trained teachers who were recruited on or before 31st December 2020 but have not been confirmed should apply for confirmation.
MODE OF APPLICATION
1. All applicants are to pick application and appraisal forms from the registry.
2. Headteachers/mistresses are required to appraise teachers while Circuit Supervisors appraise headteachers.
3. All application forms should have the following documents attached:
- a. An appraisal form duly signed by the headteacher or circuit supervisor.
- b. A copy of confirmation letter in the case of promotion applicants
- c. A copy of previous promotion letter.
- d. First appointment letter.
- e. Current payslip
4. All applications should be forwarded to the district director through the registry on or before 26th November 2021.
5. All headmasters/mistresses/teachers are kindly requested to bring the content of this letter to the attention of all teaching and non-teaching staff serving under them.