The GES Governing Council consists of 11 members who represent different organizations in Ghana as well as people who are appointed by the president of the country.
The GES Governing Council is tasked to formulate policies that will be implemented by the service for the betterment of education in the country.
The names of the GES Governing Council members are:
Name Representation Status
- Mr. Michael Kenneth Nsowah President’s Nominee Chairman
- Prof. Kwasi Opoku Amankwa Director-General, GES Member
- Very Rev. Ama Afo Blay President’s Nominee Member
- Mrs. Wendy E. Addy-Lamptey West Africa Examination Council Member
- Dr. Christian Addai-Poku National Teaching Council (NTC) Member
- Chief Director Ministry of Education (MoE) Member
- Dr. Haggar Hilda Ampadu National School Inspectorate Authority Member
- Dr. Edward Appiah (NaCCA) Member
- Mr. James Oppong-Mensah Local Government Service Council Member
- Rev. Bismark Anarbah Akandi Non-Teaching Staff of GES (TEWU) Member
- Rt. Rev. Paa Solomon Grant-Essilfie Teacher Unions on Rotational Basis Member
- Pending Faith-Based Organisations (FBOs) Member