Kwadwo Owusu Afriyie, a former head of Ghana’s forestry commission has been cited by a viral document as a will to have owned a number of properties which he listed in and allocated to his families before his demise.
The said document purported to be the final will of Kwadwo Owusu Afriyie who is popularly known as Sir John made its way into the public domain after the president of Ghana Nana Akufo Addo signed an executive order to declassify portions of the Achimota Forest in the Greater Accra Region.
The Ministry of Lands and Natural Resources, Ghana has since vowed to investigate the said will since Achimota Forest is a national property. Here is a list of all properties listed in the will.
1. House on plot number GA54480 located in Ogbojo, East Legon, and acquired on February 12, 2018
2. House on plot number GA 55329 located at Oyarifa No. 2, acquired on May 11, 2018
3. House plot number GA 55475 located at Oyarifa No.1, acquired on September 27, 2017
4. House on plot number GA 5881 located at Adjiringanor, Accra, (white House), acquired on August 7, 2019.
5. A 6-bedroom house located at Patangbe, Ogbojo, near East Legon.
6. A 4-bedroom house located in Mempeheusem, East Legon
7. A 3-bedroom house on plot number TDA 4140 located in Mempehuesem, East Legon
8. Another 3-bedroom house on plot number TDA 4140 located in Mempehuesem, East Legon
9. A 4-bedroom house on plot number GA56838 located in East Legon and acquired on October 25, 2018
10. A 5-bedroom house located in Sakora Wonoo
11. A 4-storey building located in East Legon, with 10 apartments, each apartment consisting of 3-bedrooms; and five apartments, each consisting of two bedrooms.
12. Two plots of land located in Ahenema Kokoben in the Ashanti Region
13. Two plots of land with registration number GA56921 located in Oyarifa, which were acquired on November 6, 2018.
14. A 5.541-acre land located in Achimota Forest held in the name of Jakaypros Limited
15. A 0.987-acre land located in Achimota Forest held in the name of Fasoh Limited
16. Unspecified piece of land located in the Achimota Forest jointly owned with Charles Owusu
17. An unspecified piece of land held in the name of DML located in the Achimota forest
18. A 5.07-acre land at the Ramsar site, Sakumono
19. Five plots of land located at Millenium city, Kasoa
20. One plot of land with certificate number GA60802, located at Mempeheusem, East Legon, acquired on December 13, 2019.
21. Two plots of land approximately of 0.40acres located at No.7 ARS Lane, Ogbojo, near East legon
22. One plot of land near the Chain Homes Estate at East Airport Hills.
23. A piece of land numbered plot 139 located within the Adentaman District (aka Aviation land).
24. Lexus LX570
26. Ford Fusion
27. Lexus V6
28. Nissan Titan Pick Up V8
29. Mercedes Benz E68 Sport AMG
30. Honda Pilot V6
31. Honda Accord Sport
32. Toyota Landcruiser V8
33. Ford 150
34. Honda Accord 2.0 Touring
35. Toyota Rav 4, 2019 model
36. Chevrolet Cruze
37. Lexus Saloon Car, 2019 model
38. Five pump-action guns
40. National Investment Bank, account no. 1802092960501
41. CBG, account no. 0302239130003
42. GT Bank- in the name of Ruth Korkor Odonkor
43. GT Bank-in the name of Kwadwo Owusu Afriyie
44. Fidelity Bank, account no. 1060032907210
45. ADB, in the name of Jakaypros Limited
46. United States Bank, Wells Fargo, in the name of Kwadwo Owusu Afriyie
47. Canadian Bank Account, Royal Bank, in the name of Kwadwo Owusu Afriyie
48. ADB: Two million cedis (2,000,000.00), expected to mature in April 2020.
49. Two hundred and fifty thousand Ghana cedis (GHc 250,000) with NTHC which stood at GHc 303,720.22 as at July 31, 2019.
50. Joint gold production investment with Francis Owusu
Joint ownership in gold production investment with:
54. Afriyie Memorial Hospital, located at Sakora Wonoo
55. A fuel Station located at Kentinkrono in the Ashanti region
56. Fuel tanker vehicles (10 in number)
57. One teak plantation located at Nkawie in the Ashanti Region
58. Rubber plantation located in the Eastern Region
59. Stalls located at the new Kejetia market, Kumasi (3 in number)
60. Farms at Ejura in the Ashanti Region.
In the foot of his final will, Sir John made it clear that before his demise, he had already given some properties to one Agnes Boakye (aka Akosua Darkoah). They are;
A house at East Legon Hills
A house in Kumasi, Ashanti region
Vehicles (numbering two 2)
A store at Kejetia Market