50 Chinese baby names you should consider if you need one for reasons known to you and your families only.
Whether you are looking for Chinese names to honour someone of Chinese heritage as a way of showing gratitude or you are just making the choice for your love for China, trendsmaniac has all you need and more.
From the history of the ancient Chinese names to the current trendy and cool omes, there is always a name to suit every baby.
Chinese names have so special meanings should you understand them and as such we give you 50 Chinese Baby Names and what they actually stand to mean.
In order not to rush into things, let us take a look at how baby names are considered in Chinese culture.
How Do We Name Chinese Babies?
In a typical Chinese setting, names are written oftentimes from the surname of the person before the person’s own given name.
Some names are purposely for males, others for females whereas some others can be given to both sexes. With these, you will see M for male names, F for female names, and U for unisex names.
50 Chinese Baby Names To Consider
- Fang – fragrance, virtue (u)
- Jing – peaceful or tranquil (u)
- Lei – a mound of rocks, great, thunderous (u)
- Li – pretty or beautiful, strength (u)
- Min – quick or clever (u)
- Qiang – strong, better (m)
- Tao – large wave or peach (u)
- Wei – great (u)
- Yan – gorgeous, swallow bird (u)
- Xiuying – brave and beautiful (f)
- Ai – lovable
- Ah Lam – peace
- Baozhai – precious hairpin
- Chu Hua – chrysanthemum
- Chyou – autumn
- Daiyu – black jade
- Fen – scent
- Ju – daisy
- Lan – orchid
- Liling – the sound of white jasmine
- Mei – gorgeous, plum
- Nuo – gracious
- Shu – warmhearted
- Ting – enduring
- Zhan – valuable, genuine, innocent
- Aiguo – patriotic
- Bingwen – bright and cultivated
- Bolin – elder brother rain
- Chaoxiang – expecting fortune
- Donghai – eastern sea
- Feng – sharp blade, wind, summit
- Genghis – just, righteous
- Hu – tiger
- Huizhong – wise and loyal
- Jianyu – building the universe
- Park – the cypress tree
- Qianfan – thousand sails
- Shanyuan – mountain source
- Xiaobo – little wrestler
- Zixin – self-confidence
- An – peace
- Bao – treasure, gem
- Bo – wavelike
- Chen – break of the day
- Chun – born in the spring
- Guang – glorious
- Heng – eternal
- Huan – happiness
- Hui – clever
- Jiang – river